Manually Create Webhook
Additionally to creating webhooks via the Box APIs it is possible to create webhooks via the developer console manually. This process is often referred to as Webhooks V1.
Webhooks created using the developer console will monitor changes to all files and folders within a user's account. When creating one of these webhooks it is not possible specify a specific object to bind the webhook to.
To create a webhook for a single file or folder please use the webhook APIs.
The following steps create a new webhook through the developer console.
- Visit the developer console and select the app to add webhooks to.
- From the sidebar select "Webhooks".
- Click the "Create a new Webhook" button.
- Fill in the form to create the webhook and save the form. Make sure to fill in a endpoint URL for the webhook to call. Also make sure to select 1 or more callback parameters with the data you'd like to add to your webhook.
- Visit your app's installation URL on
https://[enterprise_name].app.box.com/services/[service_short_name]. In this the
enterprise_nameis your enterprise's subdomain which you can see by visiting the Box web app and inspecting the domain that your browser redirects to. Your
service_short_nameis the name of your application, lowercase, with non-alphanumeric characters replaced by underscores, for example
Your App Name [Dev]becomes
Webhooks will now be triggered for any events that are happen for any objects within the user's account.