This guide will walk you through creating a new OAuth application to allow users to authenticate to your application with their Box credentials.
Complete the following steps to create and configure a new OAuth application:
- Create a New OAuth Application
- Configure the OAuth Application
To create a new OAuth application follow the proceeding steps:
- Go to the Box developer console and click on the Create New App option.
- On the next page, click on Custom App and click the Next button.
- On the authentication method page that comes up, click on the option for Standard OAuth 2.0 (User Authentication) and click the Next button.
- Give your application a unique name, click the Create App button, then click the View Your App button on the next page.
Your newly created OAuth application will be presented on the Configuration page, allowing you to further configure it.
On the configuration page of the new OAuth application, adjust the following settings to your needs:
- Redirect URI: During the user authentication for an OAuth 2 application you will need to redirect a user to Box to provide their login credentials and authenticate your application. The redirect URI is the location that the user should be redirected back to on your app after doing so.
- Application Scopes: These options represent what API endpoints / functionality that your application will have access to. See the scopes page for detailed information on each option. The redirect URI should use the same domain, subdomain, and port that the user was redirected from to log in to Box.