For historical release notes, please see 2018 Release Notes.
Prior to this change, if a call was made to get a task or task assignment with a valid task ID, and that file was deleted or your permissions changed to prevent viewing the file, you would receive a 404 error because the tasks would be deleted with the file.
With this new change, the response returned will be the task object with a
null response where the item would be, rather than a 404 error response.
A new version of the Box CLI has been released, taking the version from 2.0.0 to 2.1.0. This release includes a number of feature enhancements and bug fixes:
- Fixed paging for events commands (link)
- Updated lodash version (link)
- Send fields param to API when
--fieldsflag is used (link)
- Fix event-types flag (link)
- Added build npm script (link)
Two major releases have been made to the Box UI Elements:
- New Sidebar Element: This new element provides capabilities for incorporating the metadata sidebar for a file directly into your own application or website. Documentation is available here.
- GA of Open With Element: The Open With element has been moved from beta to general availability. Open With delivers an individual button or an integration into the existing Content Explorer element to launch file content with Adobe Sign, G Suite, or Box Edit. Documentation is available here.
Full release announcement is available here.